JOB TITLE: Field Service Coordinator II/III*
REPORTS TO: Operations Supervisor II
LEVEL: Business Support II /III*
Granite Services International, Inc. (www.gsinc.com) helps power the world, building industries and creating solutions to some of our customers’ most complex energy problems. We are a global leader in providing field service solutions to the power generation, oil & gas, nuclear, wind, and power & water segments.
Our reputation is built on the foundation of our core values: Integrity, EHS, Quality and Productivity. Career progression, reward and recognition are central to our culture. We develop people with classroom and on-the-job training, and through challenging work assignments that have long-lasting impact in the world.
Granite is a wholly-owned affiliate of General Electric (NYSE: GE).
The Field Service Coordinator will organize the mobilization and demobilization of field employees. Coordinators will update the company databases as appropriate on a daily basis ensuring accurate employee and job status and financial information. The Field Service Coordinator will serve as a liaison to the Processing Specialists, Field Operations, HR and Finance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Receive and create new jobs and employee assignments in company databases
• Update and maintain company databases with employee, job and financial information
• Interact with field employees to provide information about job assignments
• Ensure travel costs support Granite’s Cost Management objectives (flights, accommodation, vehicle hire)
• Generate and manage multiple reports for business partners as needed
• Assist with development and testing of system modifications within GSI systems and databases
• Coordinate mobilization and demobilization of field employees to ensure timely arrival to and from job sites
• Update employee status in the company database on a daily basis
• Initiate requests and follow up on information in the GE Travel Advisory System (TAS)
• Update and maintain accuracy of pay, cost, and bill rates, site information, and project information
• Perform other duties as assigned
Immigration (as required)
• Monitor and manage outbound travel via Granite tools
• Initiate cases with outside counsel to procure visas / work permits
• Communicate with various government agencies for certification of documents
• Fulfill request for Letter of Invitation (as needed)
• Provide guidance to employees and Field Business Ops teams regarding documents, cost and time requirements for visa / work permit applications
• Ensure all paperwork including applications for immigration visas / work permits are completed accurately and in a timely manner
• Track visa and work permits progress to keep business partners updated
• Maintain immigration tools and files for all employees on foreign assignments
• Process and complete any exit permit or formalities prior to employees leaving the home country for assignment, if applicable
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication, time management and organizational skills
• Ability to multi-task, coordinate, plan and assume managerial responsibilities as deemed appropriate by the Supervisor
• Demonstrate leadership ability through decision-making abilities, troubleshooting, problem-solving and teamwork
• Intermediate knowledge level of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
• Minimal travel required
• English proficiency required
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Three years relevant work experience in field operations, customer service or office administration role desired.
*Level differentiation is based upon Scope Table assessment