Can't make it through a family dinner without someone asking you to fix their phone? Do people refer to you as a computer guru? Think there is a little more to working in IT than keeping people waiting on the phone and “turning it off and on again”? If you said yes, then we’re looking for you!
G Adventures has an immediate opening for a Technical Support Specialist, aka “The Solutionator”. This isn’t your average desktop support job. Our team is the conduit to all services technical and we’re here to solve problems. We are seeking an enthusiastic customer service oriented person with mad computer skills who wants to change people’s lives.
- Operate as the first contact for all internal technical support requests via email, phone & in person.
- Respond to requests from staff requiring assistance with issues relating to desktop computing and telephony on both Mac OS and Windows.
- Hardware and Software support.
- G Suite and Office 365 service administration: Groups, Mail, Calendaring.
- Administer file services both locally and in cloud services.
- Video conferencing, desktop and softphone configuration and deployment.
- IT hardware Inventory and procurement.
- Software management and licensing.
- Remote administration via online tools to deploy software applications and technical solutions.
- Printer configuration and support.
- Assist coordination of office renovations and new builds.
- Work as part of an international team of “Solutionators” to provide top tier technical and customer service to our community of incredible staff spanning the globe.
- Ensures staff are kept informed of time delays associated with the problem resolutions, the nature of the problem or the volume of outstanding issues requiring resolution.
- Meet with IT management on a regular basis to discuss, evaluate, and implement any change to services that may be required.
- Work with IT management to ensure operating efficiencies are met and maintained throughout the organization.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment spanning the globe.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and a desire to solve the problems.
- Must be knowledgeable and have a good understanding of both Mac OSX and Windows OS.
- Basic understanding of inter-networking connectivity of workstations on the LAN/WAN with an interest to learn more.
- May be required to work flexible shifts.
- JAMF JSS, LogMeIn Central, O365, G Suite, Ringcentral experience and knowledge an asset.
- 2-5 years experience in a Helpdesk environment.
- Advanced English Skills.