The Technical Coordinator will implement Cacao Seguro’s approved FY20 workplan, and provide leadership, coordination and support for USDA/FAS as follows:
Coordination Among Stakeholders
· Serve as the principal liaison with GOP and counterpart stakeholders on program communications and technical implementation activities.
· The Technical Coordinator shall participate in frequent (weekly) calls with the USDA/FAS team in Washington, D.C., to provide programmatic and country updates. Will participate in meetings with USAID and will provide information on Cacao Seguro´s progress when required by USAID.
· Provide verbal read-outs from meetings to USDA/FAS in English.
· Hosts weekly team phone calls with FAS/USDA.
· Oversight of the Assistant’s logistic coordination of special events, conferences, Consultant trips and related administrative aspects.
· Responsible for directing and executing the programmed activities specified in the FY20 Workplan. Monitors the progress of Cacao Seguro’s planned goals, objectives and indicators. Identifies areas of emphasis and exercises leadership to ensure actions are consistent with agency goals.
· The Technical Coordinator shall be deeply involved in the preparation of Quarterly Reports, which will be submitted 30-days after the expiration of the quarter.
· Provide timely and accurate reporting to USDA/FAS on all program areas;
· Provide inputs for the Monitoring and Evaluation Plan;
· Coordinate with TNS’s Country Director all compliance required for financial and administrative activities.
· Help ensure TNS complies with all auditing, reporting, record-keeping and other TNS compliance requirements as applied to this agreement.
· Submits to USDA/FAS the periodic performance reports through the agreed by-weekly phone calls.
· Submits to USDA/FAS a draft of the Quarterly and Annual Reports.
· Together with the Assistant will coordinate and consolidate the needed information to prepare the Final Report of the Cacao Seguro’s close-out process.
Cacao Seguro’s Management Structure:
· The Cacao Seguro Project will have two full-time staff: The Technical Coordinator and a Logistic Assistant (this second position is already filled). Both are based in Lima, and hosted in the TNS Office. The Technical Coordinator will work closely with the Assistant on all activities, drawing upon their skills and experience in having already deftly supported the project for numerous months.
· The Technical Coordinator will be contracted by TNS and report directly to the TNS’s Country Director.
· The Technical Coordinator will receive administrative and logistical support from TNS. All procurement will be conducted from TNS Lima.
· In addition to receiving technical guidance from TNS, the Technical Coordinator will receive instructions and technical support from USDA/FAS Washington.
· 10% or less – Domestic travel may be required on an ad hoc basis.
· No international travel is planned but may be required on a limited basis.
The Ideal Candidate Will Possess the Following Additional Qualifications:
· 10+ years of experience with tropical crops.
· Expertise in the cacao value-chain.
· Substantial experience managing agricultural development projects.
· Experience facilitating or coordinating initiatives.
· Experience working with government officials, private sector, international partners, academia.
· Prior experience managing USAID or USDA funded projects.
· Strong presentation skills and confidence delivering information in front of large crowds
· Experience managing international donor funded projects.
· Experience in public management and planning.
Ingresa tu email y te enviaremos una nueva contraseña. Si te logueaste con Facebook ingresa el email de tu cuenta de Facebook